Office of the Counselor
Connie Akins School Counselor | Email PACE Connect | Community Service Hours Document Middle School Counseling Services Middle School Counselors Implement the Counseling Program by Providing: School Guidance Curriculum
- Academic skills support
- Organizational, study and test-taking skills
- Education in understanding self and others
- Coping strategies
- Peer relationships and effective social skills
- Communication, problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution
- Career awareness, exploration and planning
- Substance abuse education
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
Individual Student Planning
- Goal-setting/decision- making
- Academic planning
- Career planning
- Education in understanding of self, including strengths and weaknesses
- Transition planning
- Individual and small group counseling
- Individual/family/school crisis intervention
- Peer facilitation
- Professional development
- Consultation, collaboration and teaming
- Program management and operation
Middle School Counselors Collaborate With: Parents Parent information night Communication/networking Academic planning programs Career portfolio development Assistance with students’ academic plans Classroom guidance activities on study skills, career development, etc. Classroom career speakers At-risk student identification and implementation of interventions to enhance success Parent communication/education Administrators School climate Behavioral management plans School-wide needs assessment Student data and results Student assistance team building Leadership Students Peer education Peer support Academic support School climate Leadership development Community Job shadowing, service learning Crisis interventions Referrals Parenting classes Support groups Career education
PACE CONNECT – Student Alumni Questions and Answers PACE CONNECT – The Purpose is to provide alumni students with an opportunity to give back to PACE Academy. Community service is an important part of youth development and leadership. Community service is service to a non-profit organization, group or individual that needs assistance without getting paid.
- How can I volunteer for PACE CONNECT?
- You can volunteer only at special events with permission form your school counselor.
- What are the criteria for volunteering?
- You must have permission from your school counselor, parent and PACE counselor
- You must be between 9-10th
- You must have good academic and behavior standing at your current high school.
- You will have to complete a community service log and get it signed by the PACE counselor to give to your school counselor.
- You must contact the PACE counselor prior to coming to the school. All contacts should be made by email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember the service you give must benefit others and not yourself.