Calling all PACE Academy men – fathers, grandfathers, uncles, nephews, cousins, family friends and staff, join us in the 2015 REAL Dads’ Cook: Chili Contest. It’s time for you to show off your cooking talents. Guests will be charged a minimal fee to sample chili; the fees collected are will continue the support our school library.
Who: PACE Academy Men
When: Thursday, January 29, 2015 from 5 – 6PM.
Where: PACE Cafeteria
Entry Fee: There is NO CHARGE to cooks entering this contest
- Each contestant must provide at least three gallons of their very best chili for guests’ samples. We anticipate approximately 100 chili guests.
- Chaffing and serving items.
- You may bring decorations for your table
- Contestants may begin to arrive at 4:30 p.m. for set.
- Complete the Entrant Registration form below and submit to Ms. Mullen by January 22, 2015.
PACE Academy will provide each contestant with the following:
- An apron and chef’s hat
- Plastic gloves
- A round table w/ table cover and a chair
- Small tasting cups, spoons and napkins
- Table sign w/ your name and your chili’s name or type of chili
- A ballot box for votes
How The Contest Works…
Guests will pay $2 adults and $1 children; they will receive one ticket for each contestant so that they may sample each contestant’s chili. Guests will also receive one ballot for voting (the ballot could be a coin or a ticket). Guests will drop their voting ballot into the contestant’s ballot box representing chili they like best. Our guests will judge chili based on: Taste, Creativity and Presentation.
Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places will be awarded on January 29th; trophies will be awarded based on the number of votes received.